CALLING ALL BRIDES!! Whether you have been married 20 years, 5 years, or just recently hitched! We want YOU!
APPLY for your chance to become one of six (6) brides who will participate in the Trash Your Dress for CAWES event on Sunday, September 19, 2021. APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday May 21 at 5pm. Successful brides will be announced Wednesday May 26.
Commit to raising a minimum $1,000 to support the many important programs and services offered by the Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter (CAWES).
Raise additional funds (sky's the limit!); be creative! (track your donor's contributions; minimum $20 donations receive a tax receipt).
- Collect donations from friends, family co-workers (peer to peer fundraising)
- Each bride will be set up with their own fundraising page on CanadaHelps.org
- Host your own virtual event (online "varage" (garage) sale, virtual paint night, birthday party fundraiser, etc.)
- You can also create your own no-contact fundraising initiatives (i.e. bottle drive)
Deadline to raise funds is Friday, September 17, 2021. Be the TOP FUNDRAISER and receive the GRAND PRIZE (prize package in 2020 was valued over $2,800!!)
Each participating bride will receive:
- Swag bag full of goodies from local businesses (valued over $700 in 2020)
- Hair & make-up
- Bus (limo) transportation from salon. NOTE: all proper distancing measures will be in place throughout the day.
- You'll also receive transportation to three (3) undisclosed locations for the photo shoot, where you'll have the opportunity to work with six (6) of the very best photographers in Central Alberta. Each photographer will spend 20-30 minutes with you, photographing you in various locations in/near the City of Red Deer. In the end, you'll receive 10 images from each photographer (total of 60!!)