Volunteer at CAWES CAWES is fortunate to have a committed group of volunteers to donate their time and skills towards supporting families caught in the cycle of domestic violence.
We truly appreciate your donation of time to our 'CAWES'.
There are many benefits to volunteering with the Central Alberta Women’s Emergency Shelter:
- Build on a sense of community
- Develop skills working with children
- Achieve an understanding of our diverse community
- Document hours for education, work experience or work reference purposes
- Increase your awareness of family violence and child abuse
- Build new relationships, make new friends and become an active member of the community
All volunteers working in the shelter must complete the CAWES volunteer application process before beginning their volunteer work.
- All volunteers must be 16 years of age
- Both men and women are invited to volunteer with the CAWES
- In-house volunteers must have a current Criminal Record Check and Child Intervention Check
- In-house volunteers must provide at least three references