RLP 4th Annual Golf Tournament - Get Your Raffle Ticket Today!
Royal LePage Network Shelter Foundation's 4th Annual Golf Tournament is just a few days away.
*Please note: We are currently selling Raffle Tickets in conjunction with the tourney for a 1 in 100 chance to win a $5000.00 travel voucher.
Royal LePage Network Realty is proud to present their 4th Annual Golf Tournament in support of CAWES with 100% of the proceeds going directly to our local Women's Emergency Shelter.
JOIN US FOR A DAY OF FUN FOR A GREAT CAUSE!
Friday, June 19th, 2015 - Alberta Springs Golf & Country Club.
Diva on a Dime - CAWES Supporters Changing Lives
Diva on a Dime is a project that helps moms and kids move out of the shelter and into a home of their own.
Michelle Jackson, a local Interior Designer, is the founder of this project that changes the lives of all the women and children they support.
If you wish to assist with furnishings at this time, Diva on a Dime is seeking: bed frames, dressers, sofas, coffee tables, kitchen tables & chairs. If you would like to donate furniture or storage space, please contact Michelle at https://www.facebook.com/EmpoweringWomenTogether .
We would like to thank the following key people for making this project happen: Michelle Jackson, Peyton Weinberger, Mary Miernik, Twila Reberger, Cynder Beamish & Marilyn Zinken. These community supporters and CAWES are working together to ensure that every individual can live a life free from family violence. To learn more, please visit www.empoweringwomentogether.com.
CAWES Named 'The Best'
So exciting for our organization and our supporters!!! CAWES is very pleased to be announced as one of the Best for the third straight year! Congratulations CAWES - named the Best Charitable Organization.
Employment Opportunities @ CAWES
Support Worker Position (Part Time Relief $16-$17 per hour)
Reporting: Responsible to the Operation Managers
Role: In keeping with the mandate of C.A.W.E.S the support Worker is responsible for a variety of services to the women residing at the Shelter. The primary goal of the position is to assist the Crisis Workers in fulfilling their duties to the women within the Shelter environment.
- Provide telephone crisis counseling to those women who are seeking assistance and are not CAWES residents
- Provide pertinent information and appropriate referrals to residents
- Provide complete, concise and accurate shift change up-date to crisis worker/s coming on shift and other staff who are in the “need to know” category
- Comply with ALL policies and procedures of CAWES to ensure the Shelter functionssmoothly and efficiently
- Ensure and maintain CAWES safety
- Provide orientation, support and supervision to practicum students and volunteers
- Assist in providing public education presentations when required
- Will administer medications
- Will assist women in a variety of areas such as: bathing of children, assisting with breakfast and generally any other duties that are appropriate
- Attend all staff meetings and in service training
- Assist with the sorting of donations
- Assist when necessary with answering the phone and assess which area the call should be directed to
- Assist housekeeping staff with putting together start up hampers when the women are ready to leave CAWES
- Responsible for keeping storage cupboards neat and replenished
- Responsible for keeping all First Aide sites being replenished
- Assist with distribution of bus tickets and providing directions when necessary to the clients
- Assist with ordering cabs and signing the chits when required
- Responsible for replenishing bus tickets when required
- Other duties as required
- Minimum Grade 12 education
- Knowledge of Domestic Violence
- Valid First Aid and CPR Certificates
- Valid Medication Administration Certificate
- Must be able to work as a part of a “Team”
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must be non-judgmental and empathic
- Confidentiality an absolute requirement
- Must have the ability to work in a highly stressful and non-structured environment
Permanent employment is dependent upon:
- Criminal Record Check
- Child Welfare Information Check
Change a Life
For over 25 years, CAWES has been a beacon of hope to thousands of families in Central Alberta. With your financial gift, we can continue to offer the vital security and support services that families affected by domestic violence rely on.
Click here to make an online donation